Students & Their Families
Students join Horizons the summer before kindergarten and return to the program each year through 8th grade, building lasting relationships with their teachers and peers, and developing life skills essential for success. Special priority is given to enrolling siblings in the Horizons program in order to have the greatest impact within the family. We host events to engage students’ families and guardians in their learning processes.
2021 Student Demographics
Horizons at DCD serves 143 students in the Pre-K through Grade 8 program and 20 students in the high school program.
- The students come from Boston, Chelsea, Dedham, Dorchester, Hyde Park, Jamaica Plain, Roslindale, Mattapan, Roxbury, and West Roxbury.
- 51% male and 49% female; 39% African American, 28% Latino, 23% Caucasian, and 10% other.
Horizons at Mattahunt serves 163 students in Pre-K through Grade 4.
- The students come from Dorchester, Mattapan, Roxbury, Roslindale and Hyde Park.
- 49% Male and 51% Female, 29% Latino, 48 % Black and 23% Other
Horizons at LMS serves 65 students aged 3-12 years old.
- The students came from Waltham and Lexington.
- Demographics: 51% male and 49% female; 69% Latino, 20% Asian, 6% Caucasian, 5% African American