Anchored by a six-week summer program, Horizons prevents summer decline by providing an enriching curriculum of academic, arts, and cultural experiences for up to ten consecutive summers. The Horizons model is proven to close the opportunity gap and enable students to realize their full potential.
All students benefit from:
- Ten consecutive summers
- Activities such as swimming, arts, and sports
- Healthy meals and snacks throughout the summer
- Academic and enrichment summer programming
- Safe and encouraging space
- Field trips and other hands-on experiences
- No tuition
What is the outcome?
- Strong academic, social, and life skills
- The power and joy of learning
- Realization of full potential to succeed in school and beyond
- Skills to make a positive difference in their schools and communities
- Closing of the opportunity gap