What you need to know:
- Horizons is a 6-week summer enrichment program that takes place on the campus of Dedham Country Day School.
- All Horizons students make a 10-year commitment to the program, and points of entry are Pre-K & K.**
- Horizons has partnerships with schools in the Boston Public School System and the Dedham Public School System. The majority of our enrolled students were recommended by teachers from these partner schools.
- Each year priority is given to eligible students that attended the previous summer.
- Priority to new openings in lower grades (Pre-K & K) is given to siblings of currently enrolled students.
- If a student does not return, we fill their spot. This is rare and generally there are not openings in grades above Pre-K and K.
- Horizons at DCD does not have openings for 7th or 8th grade.
- Families must meet the income eligibility guidelines outlined in the student application process.
- Re-enrollment typically begins in December and ends in March.
- New applicant recruitment and enrollment typically begins in February and concludes with interviews in May.
**Please note that Horizons at DCD only has 9 new available spots in our Pre-K and K class at the beginning of each summer. Filling out an application does not guarantee placement, as space is extremely limited.