During their time with Horizons, students typically exhibit drastic improvements in academic, social-emotional, and athletic skills as a result of the support and curriculum they are exposed to.
- Students experience gains of 2-3 months (on average) in reading and math skills.
- Students are reading and comprehending on grade level by the 3rd grade.
- Students show improved attendance, academic performance, leadership skills, and classroom participation during the regular school year.
- 100% of students learn to swim.
Horizons program results are consistent and measurable, year after year and across the affiliated sites nationwide. Our students consistently demonstrate 2-3 months of overall improvement in math and reading and are able to return to school in the fall with a greater enthusiasm for learning.
- 93% of students return (year after year)
- 94% of students attend daily
- 6,900 healthy meals are served
- 185 total program hours are completed
- 72 hours of music instruction are completed
- 25 field trips are taken
- 1 hour of exercise per day is completed
- 300+ essential reading skills are learned in pre-K to Grade 3 including phonics awareness, fluency and comprehension
- 200+ books are donated to help students build their own personal home libraries